HOT FRUIT

Arts writer Stephen Blair invites you into his dreamy lair of films, books and music.

Sunday, July 16, 2006





RHYMESTORE FLOOZY

St. Patrick's Day is nine months away, but today I ran across some limericks I wrote a few years ago and decided to post them along with totally unrelated photos of some favorite household tchotchkes. In other words, this posting makes no sense whatsoever.

My handsomest neighbor is John
He adores peanut butter bon-bons
One got stuck in his throat
While he steered a speed boat
And he ended up killing a swan

I once new a girl named Priscilla
She resembled a balding gorilla
On Saturday nights
She flew heavenly kites
As she swilled amber vials of vanilla

Tess Gallagher’s daughter Laureen
Had a hot fling with her college dean
When the word got out
Tess started to doubt
That this slutty girl sprang from her genes

My pet is a scholarly leopard
Who admires the plays of Sam Shepard
When asked which is best
She replies True West
“It makes me feel salty and peppered!”

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home