HOT FRUIT

Arts writer Stephen Blair invites you into his dreamy lair of films, books and music.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006


PHOTOSHOP PHLUNKY

My big plan today was to post one of the few drawings I've ever done that doesn't look like the product of a three year old in the midst of a seizure. Alas, my cruel mistress Photoshop thwarted my attempts to enlarge the image so y'all could see it in its full glory. Lacking a Plan B for today's posting, I hastily logged on to my computer painting program and created the peerless vision of beauty that graces the top of this page. I like to think of it as primitivism at its finest.

To divert you from my graffiti train wreck I'll leave you with some Laura Nyro lyrics that have been buzzing around my brain all day:

I'm young enough
I'm old enough
to paint a smile
I tasted heaven and hell
heaven stay a while

a good friend
is a rare find
Their straight talk
can ease your mind
a good pimp's
gonna rob you blind
-from "Money"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home