HOT FRUIT

Arts writer Stephen Blair invites you into his dreamy lair of films, books and music.

Monday, August 06, 2007



The Bourne Ultimatum

Grade: B-


Yeah, the latest installment in the Jason Bourne saga raked in $70 mil at the box office last weekend and, yeah, it boasts a formidable 94% Fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes. But I'm going to step in for a second and ask, "What's the big whoop?" I dig the international scenery and the chase scenes as much as anyone, and I thought the nervy supporting performances from Joan Allen and David Stathairn made up for Matt Damon's tedious stoicism and Julia Stiles complete lack of dramatic acting ability. But in the end Ultimatum left me cold because I felt like I'd seen it all before (if not in the previous Bourne movies, then The French Connection), and I had hoped that talented director Paul Greengrass would put a new spin on these tired old spy games.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So the Bourne movie was kinda lame... Where was my closure?! What the heck? The last installment should have brought more closure and instead the producers and writers left it as though they were going to create another one... It wasn't very hot... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home