HOT FRUIT

Arts writer Stephen Blair invites you into his dreamy lair of films, books and music.

Thursday, May 22, 2008


12 weeks have passed since Stephen’s death (referenced in early March). Here are a few brief things to share for those that may check in from time to time on his wonderful blog.

For those friends, family and neighbors who have been so supportive, I thank you from every fiber of my being. You have helped me make healthy grieving possible and have brought hope, laughter and purpose back into my life after intense shock and desperation.

I’ve been learning oodles about myself, others, loss, anger, letting go and everything else that grieving has to offer. Grief has felt relentless and grinding at times and I’m grateful to all of my past and present mentors, teachers and therapists that have helped me learn over and over to have all of my feelings without becoming those feelings. Learning the dance between allowing intense emotional pain and also allowing distractions for relief has been most healing for me.

I credit all of the support and teaching I’ve received, the vigorous endorphin producing activities of a walking/biking/hiking routine and eating food regularly (especially with others) as helping me get through this tremendous loss of Stephen with flying colors.

There is so much I miss about him including the regular movie and book reviews he shared verbally and in writing. I will keep his blog up and running in tribute to him. I may add tidbits from time to time of what seems to be helping me and others as we all continue to reinvent our lives without Stephen physically in it. He gave a lot of himself to those he cared about and my life is so much better for having been with him for many years.


I’m going to walk in the upcoming Seattle “Out of the Darkness” overnight fundraising event on June 21-22 for the organization called AFSP or American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The 20 mile walk with fellow survivors and advocates will start at dusk and go through the night until dawn. Thanks to the generous support of family and friends I have raised the required $1000 for participation. I think this will be a great way for me to further honor Stephen and hang out with his long time friend Elizabeth (Betsy) who will be walking with me. I wish everyone well and thanks again. Love, Drew

7 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post, Drew. I miss Stephen so much, and having this forum to connect with others is an important element of comfort as we all heal. Re-visiting his blog is becoming increasingly helpful to me to remember the best of Stephen, his intelligence, warmth, open heart, humor. I was blessed to be his friend and I'm grateful for the ways he made me feel known and loved.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Drew, I am very saddened to hear about Steve's passing. Beka and I live in Seattle so if you need a place to stay or want to get together when you're in town we'd love to see you. I realize your schedule may already be booked but feel free to let us know if you need anything. Love, Laurie & Beka
lauriegeo@yahoo.com

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm gonna make my own post about it

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in a love/hate relationship with digital memory because of how prices are always,and I mean always falling. I hate buying SDs for my R4 / R4i at (what seems to be) a crazy bargain price only to see it become 10% cheaper a couple of weeks later.

(Posted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978023679]R4i[/url] Fling)

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

по моему мнению: спасибо! а82ч

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly thankful to the holder of this web site who has shared this enormous post at here.


my web site - pirater un compte facebook

 

Post a Comment

<< Home