HOT FRUIT

Arts writer Stephen Blair invites you into his dreamy lair of films, books and music.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University

The Back 2 Skool Edition
Starring Catherine Bailey Booher as Herself


Catherine "Cat" (or in some circles "Paris") Booher is my partner's cousin's daughter. I met her ever so briefly ten years ago, and recently had the pleasure of slinging sarcastic barbs with her in Portland a month before her matriculation at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She has agreed to be a guest columnist for my blog, and today I'm introducing her snappy style to the world so that I don't have to write much, and so that students and former students alike can revel in all the trials and tribulations that the "back to school" experience has to offer. Without further ado, here's Catherine - in verse form no less!

A Little Blog About Wake Forest

I packed the car two days before

I made the drive of all drives

Waited half hour to get to my dorm

Then

I unpacked the car...

I then proceeded

To drive behind my residence

Upon returning:

Half my stuff was gone...

They call it the "Moving In Crew"

I hiked up three flights of stairs

With my pillow and my sheep...

And voila!

There was all of my stuff

Waiting for me

Ok, so I'm taking Calculus 1, Health, History (Modern Europe), Philosophy, First Year Seminar, and DANCE!!! Oh, the books, there are so many of them! And they are not really exciting! Would it be so hard to get a good book that gets the same point across? I guess not... Don't get me started on the food...

*By the way, I tried to post her photo but I'm not so good at the risky biznass of scanning.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, Stephen! I'm on your blog!!! Yay!!! That has seriously just made my day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home